Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Golden Compass


This movie was pretty good. I thought it was going to be pretty stupid because everyone made a big deal about the movie when it came out and said that it was so bad and don't go see it. The only reason they said this is because the movie was atheist. I think that is a dumb reason to protest and complain about a movie. We have Chronicles of Narnia that is almost the same concept what with the talking animals and people. Chronicles of Narnia is a very christian movie. There are also many other movies that are christian and no one complains about those. The minute a movie with some atheist stuff in it comes out everyone goes crazy. I personally thought the movie was rather enjoyable. It is about this girl named Lyra who is in a parallel universe. In this universe they kidnap children for experiments. She sets out on a journey to save her best friend from the experiments. The people in the movie all have these pets that follow them around everywhere. They act as the people's spirits so when the person or the pet feel pain the other can feel it too. The movie was good and I would recommend it to anyone. It bothered me though because it just ends and leaves you hanging. They were originally going to make a second one but they aren't now because of the complaints on the atheism. I am so angry about this, I was ready to go see the second one, but it probably wont happen. So if being left hanging really bothers anyone, maybe you shouldn't see the movie. Anyways, I would give this movie a B

No comments:

Post a Comment

All movie reviews are based on my own opinions.

Blog Archive

Followers